Monday, September 5, 2011

Anniversary

Yesterday was the Giants' 29th anniversary. Mrs Giant likes the occasional 'bodice ripper' romance novel and for our anniversary, I wrote her one. Apparently she greatly enjoyed it (and by extension, so did Mr Giant).

I wrote the story with the protagonists as Mary-Sue's of Mr and Mrs Giant set in a lighthearted generic fantasy world. I translated the details of our first date those many decades ago when we were in high school to the fantasy world. I was well rewarded when I heard Mrs Giant chuckling with delight.

Anyone else ever write a similar story? Anyone ever allow their players to play 'Mary-Sues' of themselves? Tell me what you thought.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great story! I loved reliving that moment that I first met you in the fantasy realm. What a great gift it was! You continue to surprise me all the time.

    ReplyDelete